Project specific fields - failing for admins

John Bayne
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2015

Hi There,

we're JIRA 6.3.12 with the Add-on at version 2.2.2.

My project administartors are not able to add optioons into project specific fields at this time.

I tested that this worked initially on 6.1.?? perhaps there is an issue with 6.3?

Please advise if I need to supply you additional debug information,

John

8 answers

0 votes
Holger Schimanski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2015

Yes, next release is a complete redesign of the configuration user interface. It is implemented with the same UI features of version and component management. See second screenshot at https://bitbucket.org/hski/projectspecificselectfield-public/issue/33/allow-sorting-of-values-on-the-project. Hopefully this release will fix your problem.

I never got down to root cause analysis, but https://bitbucket.org/hski/projectspecificselectfield-public/issue/31/project-administrators-cannot-add-new seems to be similar to your problem.

Best regards,
Holger

Holger Schimanski
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 27, 2015

Version 2.3.0 is released. Would be nice if you could give feedback, if problem is solved. Thanks in advance! Best regards, Holger

0 votes
John Bayne
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 13, 2015

Your question on whether this impacts one user made me check ...

Works on Firefox and fails on IE

Now that I know this only exhibits on IE I can advise my user base if and when they encounter it.

Are you aware of anything in the new version that might address this?

John

0 votes
Holger Schimanski
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 13, 2015

Which one of of the three Project Specific custom field types are you using?

If it is just one user I would recommend waiting for a week for the next major release which includes several refactoring. 

0 votes
John Bayne
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 13, 2015

The page is presented correctly and on submitting a new value it collapses.

We have default logging options and I do not see anything in the logs w.r.t the failure.

Oddly, last week I created a local user, assigned the user to be a project administrator and reproduced the error - nothing in the logs; this morning the feature is working for the test user - this made me think it was connected with a null list, however for the real user this is not the case.

Have you any advice on getting more detail into logs to help to diagnose this issue?

0 votes
Holger Schimanski
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 13, 2015

Anything in JIRA logs? Any special on project key or submitted option value? The tab is shown correctly before submitting a new option value?

0 votes
John Bayne
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 13, 2015

Unfortunately this is not the case. I have a user, who is in the Project Administrator role for a project, when he attempts to add an option to the project specific field the screen is completely cleared and the option is not added to the list.

0 votes
John Bayne
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 12, 2015

Hi Holger,

our licence is valid and the tab displays OK.

I'm awaiting feedback from a.n.other user now to confirm my suspicions ...

The feature is now working for myself and a test user - I suspect that the error occurs only with a null options set / the first option creation and works once it has been initialised OK.

John

0 votes
Holger Schimanski
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 10, 2015

Is the Project Specific tab still shown? If not maybe you license is out of maintenance?

Suggest an answer