It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Project release notes

KoDKaT I'm New Here Nov 07, 2019

Hello, 

I need to know if the project release notes include the release notes of their components? I searched on the web documentation / community and I dont saw anything about this information.

Thank you for helping me :)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello @KoDKaT

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Per your description, I understood that you would like to include the component information in the release notes of your JIRA projects. Is that correct?

As you see in this documentation, JIRA Server versions allow you to customize new format templates for JIRA release notes. These would be the steps:

1. Create a Velocity template similar in content to that of the examples provided — releasenotes-text.vm and releasenotes-html.vm. Consult the Jira API documentation and the Apache Velocity User Guide.
  2. The title within the template should be modified along with the code within the text area. The other sections of the template do not need to be modified.
  3. Add the new format template to the list of existing ones within the jira-config.properties file. For each new template format, corresponding entries must be added to the existing values of the following properties:
    • jira.releasenotes.templatenames
    • jira.releasenotes.templates

Notes:
      1. Corresponding entries in both of these properties must be in the same order.
      2. If these properties do not exist in your jira-config.properties file, then:
        1. For each of these properties, add the property's name,
        2. followed by an '=',
        3. followed by the content of the property's corresponding <default-value/> element copied from your Jira installation's jpm.xml file.
        4. Next, begin adding the corresponding entries for the new format template.

(info) See Making changes to the jira-config.properties file for more information.

4. The new format template is available for selection as a release note format template.

Also see the tutorial on Creating a Custom Release Notes Template Containing Release Comments.

Let us know if the documentation and tutorials provided give you some light in that matter.

Thank you for your reply. I will try it

Petter Gonçalves Atlassian Team Monday

You are welcome, @KoDKaT

Let me know how it went for you. :)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

303 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you