Project name

kA January 19, 2014

Hi friends,

It is possible to load the project name in the project field automatically.

Thanks in advance,

Karthik a.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2014

What do you mean by "project field"? Is it a custom field?

kA January 19, 2014

No,The field belongs to the system.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2014

No, there is no "project field" in Jira. I don't understand what you're asking here - could you explain where you are seeing this field, what it contains, and how you've added it to the issues?

kA January 19, 2014

Please refer the screen shot:

I want the field needs to be updated automatically.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 19, 2014

Right, so you mean "Project", which already shows the project name (and isn't really a field as such)

I am guessing here, because it's not clear, but do you mean you want to pre-select the project when creating new issues?

Jira defaults this already, to the last project the user used, which is not a bad rule. You can pre-fill it if you're using remote links (e.g. a confluence page that says "click here to raise a Jira issue in project X" can link to a Jira url with the project in it).

Or you could try some javascript. But remember it might be a bit of a pain for a LOT of your users if you repeatedly force the same project on them.

Suggest an answer