Project name change is not reflected in filters

JT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2013

When you change a project name, the JQL of any filter referencing the original project name is not updated. The result is broken filters.

Short of having to go into every filter and update the JQL, does any one have a workaround for this?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Zul NS _Atlassian_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 15, 2013

This is a known problem in filter. Renaming things like issue type, versions, and etc could break the save filter. In this case, I suggest to save the filter using the project key instead of project name in Advance Searching.

1 vote
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 16, 2013

Use always Project Key :)

0 votes
esinclair April 20, 2016

Have there been any improvements to this known issue in newer versions?  We are using 6.2 and need to change a project name that's widely used in filters by thousands of users.  Please advise if there is a way to do so without breaking all the filters.

0 votes
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 15, 2013

The only thing I can think of would be to export an XML backup, open it, use 'Search and Replace' on them and re-import the XML backup.

Or to try to update the 'reqcontent' column in the 'searchrequest' table of the database to change this - however, I'm not sure if this would break anything, so please backup JIRA before doing so.

I hope this helps!

Suggest an answer