Project missing from the filter dropdown in Activity Stream Gadget

Joe F. Lee April 6, 2014

Hi,

we are using Jira 6.1.6 and the Activity Stream Gadget has been working fine up until today. Suddenly the gadget is not showing any activity anymore for nobody in our organization.

I investigated this and found out that suddenly the option "Project" is missing from the Filter dropdown. The only options available are

• Jira Issue Key
  • Update Date
  • Username
  • Activity

And even if I choose any of these the Gadget only displays the message "No activity was found".

We have made no update or changes to the add-ons since updating to 6.1.6 in February 2014.

Any ideas on how this can be fixed?

Thanks,
Joe

6 answers

0 votes
Azfar Masut July 14, 2015

Try to reappend the gadget xml link manage gadget > activity stream > show xml link http://localhost:8080/rest/gadgets/1.0/g/com.atlassian.streams.streams-jira-plugin:activitystream-gadget/gadgets/activitystream-gadget.xml . Remember to change localhost:8080 to your instance URL.

0 votes
Joe F. Lee December 10, 2014

Well... to be honest... we made no change and after a few weeks it started working again. I am not sure what fixed it at the end, but currently we are not seeing the issue any more.

0 votes
Deleted user December 10, 2014

Hey Joe, did you manage to resolve this issue? We are experiencing the same issue with Jira 6.3.7.

0 votes
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2014

Hi Joe,

Is your system on https? That might be a change in proxy or Apache. With the global permissions, this thread has some check points related to that. Have you seen this link and the checks Atlassian is pointing out?

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/74181/jira-activity-streams-not-working

Joe F. Lee December 10, 2014

Sorry for the late reply..... I had checked these points and none applied to us really. Whatever had caused the issue - it went away a few weeks after I reported it without us making any changes to the system.

0 votes
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2014

Joe,

I can think of two things:

1. Global or project permissions access to projects. You can see this project and other users can browser/list the projects, right?
  2. There might be an issue with the gadget. You can check the logs or just enable and disable the gadget see if that fixes it.

Mehmet

0 votes
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 6, 2014

Joe,

I can think of two things:

1. Global or project permissions access to projects. You can see this project and other users can browser/list the projects, right?
  2. There might be an issue with the gadget. You can check the logs or just enable and disable the gadget see if that fixes it.

Mehmet

Joe F. Lee April 6, 2014

Hi Mehmet,

1. The permissions and browse/list rights have not been changed and yes, the users do have the necessary permissions/rights

2. I tried that but it did not resolve the issue.

Thanks for the pointers.

Best,

Joe

Suggest an answer