Project missing from the filter dropdown in Activity Stream Gadget

Hi,

we are using Jira 6.1.6 and the Activity Stream Gadget has been working fine up until today. Suddenly the gadget is not showing any activity anymore for nobody in our organization.

I investigated this and found out that suddenly the option "Project" is missing from the Filter dropdown. The only options available are

• Jira Issue Key
  • Update Date
  • Username
  • Activity

And even if I choose any of these the Gadget only displays the message "No activity was found".

We have made no update or changes to the add-ons since updating to 6.1.6 in February 2014.

Any ideas on how this can be fixed?

Thanks,
Joe

6 answers

Joe,

I can think of two things:

1. Global or project permissions access to projects. You can see this project and other users can browser/list the projects, right?
  2. There might be an issue with the gadget. You can check the logs or just enable and disable the gadget see if that fixes it.

Mehmet

Hi Mehmet,

1. The permissions and browse/list rights have not been changed and yes, the users do have the necessary permissions/rights

2. I tried that but it did not resolve the issue.

Thanks for the pointers.

Best,

Joe

Joe,

I can think of two things:

1. Global or project permissions access to projects. You can see this project and other users can browser/list the projects, right?
  2. There might be an issue with the gadget. You can check the logs or just enable and disable the gadget see if that fixes it.

Mehmet

Hi Joe,

Is your system on https? That might be a change in proxy or Apache. With the global permissions, this thread has some check points related to that. Have you seen this link and the checks Atlassian is pointing out?

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/74181/jira-activity-streams-not-working

Sorry for the late reply..... I had checked these points and none applied to us really. Whatever had caused the issue - it went away a few weeks after I reported it without us making any changes to the system.

Hey Joe, did you manage to resolve this issue? We are experiencing the same issue with Jira 6.3.7.

Well... to be honest... we made no change and after a few weeks it started working again. I am not sure what fixed it at the end, but currently we are not seeing the issue any more.

Try to reappend the gadget xml link manage gadget > activity stream > show xml link http://localhost:8080/rest/gadgets/1.0/g/com.atlassian.streams.streams-jira-plugin:activitystream-gadget/gadgets/activitystream-gadget.xml . Remember to change localhost:8080 to your instance URL.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,755 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot