Project is not showing that I have an active sprint

Rebecca Wise November 30, 2017

I know that my first sprint is active, and I have JIRA tickets with sprint 1 tagged... but when I go into my projects active sprint board, it says "There are no active sprints". Why would my project say I have no active sprints when I know I have one active?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2017

Hi Rebecca,

Sprints are associated with boards and needs to be started by clicking a button in the backlog view to be considered as "Started". Can you please check if you have an active Sprint in the Backlog view of your board? (you'll have an "End Sprint" button if so).

Please note that you'll need the "Manage Sprint" permission to create, start or finish a sprint.

Thanks

All I see at the top is "start sprint" to start sprint 2. Also, I noticed the name of my board is different, and when I attempt to look at a burn down chart I get the message "There are no available sprints for this board."

Is it possible that someone was tampering with my project and deleted my board? Our permissions are pretty lax. 

miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2017

Yes it could happen that some people delete sprints but they should stop showing in issues as well!

If the board have been changed (make sure it's not available anymore using the "..." icon on the project sidebar), the sprints are gone with it as well unfortunately. The reports are not available as the Sprint 2 is not yet started, it really feels like Sprint 1 does not exists anymore at first glance.

Hope you'll find out what and why!

Ok. That makes sense. I don't see the board available anymore so it looks like that's what happened. Thanks for your help!

miikhy
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 30, 2017

Good luck to rework on that!

Feel free to mark this topic as answered so that others might have better visibility on your issue :)

Have a great day!

Suggest an answer