Project is gone

Smartfeedz March 19, 2014

I have a board in Jira that contained a number of issues.

I changed something in the permissions and now it looks like the project the board is linked to is not there anymore. I also do not see the project in the project list.

When checking the filter I get an error that project=<xyz> is not existing.

How can I fix this? Is this a permission related thing or is there something else corrupt/wrong? How can I fix this?

3 answers

0 votes
Smartfeedz March 25, 2014

Correct answer was from Nic above:

That means you can get to the project via admin

Although you might not have any right to see it at all, that's a user setting. Admins can always get to the admin screens in projects, even if they can't normally see the project. Go to Admin -> Projects -> List of projects. (Not just "projects" on the top bar - that's the user side).

Jennifer Jennifer June 13, 2016

Thank you so much.  I've never had that happen before and I freaked for a second.   I always go through the projects bar, so it didn't occur to me to go in a different way!!!

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2014

You need to get an administrator to check the permission scheme associated with the project to verify you have browse permission. It can be directly, through a group, or through a project role.

Unfortunatly I am the administrator :-(

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2014

That means you can get to the project via admin

Although you might not have any right to see it at all, that's a user setting. Admins can always get to the admin screens in projects, even if they can't normally see the project. Go to Admin -> Projects -> List of projects. (Not just "projects" on the top bar - that's the user side).

If it's still not listed, you may have deleted it!

Admins can always get to the admin screens in projects, even if they can't normally see the project. Go to Admin -> Projects -> List of projects. (Not just "projects" on the top bar - that's the user side).

That's it, thx! I can see it in the list of projects.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 19, 2014

Excellent. From there, you'll want to look at the permission scheme (issue security schemes will hide issues, potentially all of them in the project, but not the whole project)

Yes, I fixed permissions. Thx!

0 votes
Alex Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 19, 2014

Maybe you changed the permission scheme by revoking yourself the "browse permission", or you changed the issue security scheme ..?

I do not think so but how can I solve whatever is the cause?

Suggest an answer