Project import on jira- XML backup is processed every time

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2013

Jira project import imports one project at a time. However, every time you import a project it processes the XML backup and that takes about 20 minutes.

Now if I am looking to import 70 projects, the project import will process the same xml file 70 times which I feel is totally unnecessary. is that a limitation with the tool or is there a clever way to tell project import tool to retain the XML backup processing that it did once?

Rahul

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2013

I think it is a limitation with the tool. A small improvement to ask if you want to import more projects before navigating to imported project would be good!

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2013

Thanks Jobin. I will raise it with atlassian as a feature request.

Rahul

Suggest an answer