Project import from an xml fails.

Yesim Poyraz February 3, 2016

Project import from an xml fails. I got the error below. How can it be fixed?

• The backup project 'E2E' requires custom field named 'Account' with full key 'com.tempoplugin.tempo-accounts:accounts.customfield'. In the current instance of JIRA the plugin is at version '1.7.1', but this custom field was not installed in the backup data. You may want to create an XML backup with this version of the plugin installed.
  • The backup project 'E2E' requires custom field named 'Epic Color' with full key 'com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-epic-color'. In the current instance of JIRA the plugin is at version '6.6.80', but in the backup it is at version '6.6.69'.
  • The backup project 'E2E' requires custom field named 'Epic Link' with full key 'com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-epic-link'. In the current instance of JIRA the plugin is at version '6.6.80', but in the backup it is at version '6.6.69'.
  • The backup project 'E2E' requires custom field named 'Epic Name' with full key 'com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-epic-label'. In the current instance of JIRA the plugin is at version '6.6.80', but in the backup it is at version '6.6.69'.
  • The backup project 'E2E' requires custom field named 'Epic Status' with full key 'com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-epic-status'. In the current instance of JIRA the plugin is at version '6.6.80', but in the backup it is at version '6.6.69'.
  • The backup project 'E2E' requires custom field named 'Iteration' with full key 'com.tempoplugin.tempo-plan-core:tp.iteration.customfield'. In the current instance of JIRA the plugin is at version '3.0.3', but this custom field was not installed in the backup data. You may want to create an XML backup with this version of the plugin installed.
  • The backup project 'E2E' requires custom field named 'Rank (Obsolete)' with full key 'com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-global-rank'. In the current instance of JIRA the plugin is at version '6.6.80', but in the backup it is at version '6.6.69'.
  • The backup project 'E2E' requires custom field named 'Rank' with full key 'com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-lexo-rank'. In the current instance of JIRA the plugin is at version '6.6.80', but in the backup it is at version '6.6.69'.
  • The backup project 'E2E' requires custom field named 'Release Version History' with full key 'com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:greenhopper-releasedmultiversionhistory'. In the current instance of JIRA the plugin is at version '6.6.80', but in the backup it is at version '6.6.69'.
  • The backup project 'E2E' requires custom field named 'Sprint' with full key 'com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-sprint'. In the current instance of JIRA the plugin is at version '6.6.80', but in the backup it is at version '6.6.69'.
  • The backup project 'E2E' requires custom field named 'Team' with full key 'com.tempoplugin.tempo-teams:team.customfield'. In the current instance of JIRA the plugin is at version '2.6.0.1', but this custom field was not installed in the backup data. You may want to create an XML backup with this version of the plugin installed.
  • The backup project 'E2E' requires custom field named 'Zephyr Teststep' with full key 'com.thed.zephyr.je:zephyr-je-customfield-teststep'. In the current instance of JIRA the plugin is at version '2.5.4.25401885', but this custom field was not installed in the backup data. You may want to create an XML backup with this version of the plugin installed.

3 answers

0 votes
Gokhan Karasakal February 3, 2016

Actually I will tell the story from the beginning, so it will be more clear.

We have two JIRA instances and we want to migrate one to another. Below is the info about the JIRA instances. Let's call them A and B.

A; JIRA version: v6.2#6252

DB: Oracle

Licence: 100 user (Expired)

B; JIRA version: v6.4.1#64016

DB: MySQL

License: 250 user (Continues)

We want to migrate JIRA instance A to B. In order to import JIRA projects, versions should be identical between two JIRA instances. In order to fix it I installed a JIRA test instance with the version of JIRA B and took a backup from JIRA A and restored the backup on test instance. So now I have two JIRA instances with identical versions (test and B). And then I took a backup from test instance and tried to import projects to B. However I faced with the error that I mentioned in previous message. 

How can I fix it? Since the license of JIRA A is expired it is not possible to upgrade related add-ons to match versions.

May I upgrade the license of test instance with JIRA B license? Maybe then I could have a chance to upgrade related add-ons.

Thanks in advance,

Kind Regards.

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2016

For test instances you can use developer licenses.

Yesim Poyraz February 4, 2016

Should I use developer license of JIRA B instance which has still valid licences, not expired one?

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2016

Yes.

0 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2016

In addition to the answer from @Vasiliy Zverev you are also seeing information about incompatible versions of plugins 

eg In the current instance of JIRA the plugin is at version '6.6.80', but in the backup it is at version '6.6.69'

You need to make sure that your two instances are at the same version for both the base install and the plugins.

You also have some customfields that were not included in your XML backup so you need to work through and resolve those issues as well.

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 3, 2016

It seems that at new JIRA instance you do not have several custom fields:

• Account
  • Epic Color
  • Epic Link

It all are provided by plugins. Make sure that you have appropriate plugins to import project.

First of all - Tempo plugin.

Suggest an answer