Project import failure.

krishnan December 4, 2014

I have one instance of JIRA with JIRA Agile plugin configured with One project.  This agile project has boards, some issues and few users assigned to them.  There are sprints in this project.  There are some custom workflows with custom statuses also.

Once the above has been setup, I take a full site backup.  After taking a full site backup, I delete that only project.  Now there is no projects in that JIRA instance.  After deleting,  I used JIRA Project Import to import the only project from the full site backup.  The following error popped up.

"Unable to import custom field 'Sprint'. The custom field type does not support project imports."

What objects are actually restored through Project Import?  What I should do to resolve the above error?

Regards,

Krishnan

1 answer

0 votes
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2014

First of all,why do you want to do a project import?

When you import a project, the boards are not migrated. It only restores the project issues.

If you only have one project i recommend doing a fullsystem restore, thatwill wipe off your existing data and restore every configuration you had at the time you took your sitebackup.

Hope this helps

Rahul

krishnan December 4, 2014

I have a requirement to merge one instance of JIRA into another JIRA instance.  Before the actual merging, I did the above exercise but it failed.  Can the boards be migrated to the target instance at the database end?  How can I resolve this error - "Unable to import custom field 'Sprint'. The custom field type does not support project imports."

Suggest an answer