Project import error : error parsing the backup XML

Atul Panchavate August 8, 2014

Hi,

I am trying to do a project import in Jira 5.1.2. The project import tool is throwing the following error

Problem parsing the backup XML. No 'Key' field for issue 63928

Could you please provide information/steps to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Atul

1 answer

0 votes
Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 8, 2014

My guess would be that you are missing an add-on in the destination system that existed in the original source system. Check the list of add-ons that are installed on the system that created the data dump. There is probably some add-on there that provides a custom field type (possibly Jira Misc Custom Fields.) You'll need to have that add-on on the destination system as well, since it was used on the source. I hope that helps.

The documentation can make Project Imports seem very simple, but they are normally fairly messy, especially when you're trying to merge unique Jira instances together. We do a lot of this type of thing, so feel free to reach out of you need some help from an Atlassian Expert.

Atul Panchavate August 10, 2014

Thank you for the information Dave. I`ll compare the add-ons on both the systems. I am trying to move only one project from one production to another. Will get in touch if I need any help. Thanks again!

Suggest an answer