Project has issues(as seen in admin mode) in it but normal user browsing shows the project as empty?

Jameel Khan June 5, 2013

Issue security was set on the project with 1043 issues linked to it. Thereafter the issue security scheme was deleted but now unable to view any of the issues that were logged prior to it. Checked a dump from the database and it shows security="10300" but all schemes were deleted. Any ideas on how I can remove the security tag to allow view for all users to the 1043 issue?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2013

Jira shouldn't have let you delete the scheme if you still had issues associated with it, the option just ins't there. How did you delete the schemes? Maybe there has been some DB corruption?

You could create a new security issue scheme with the right level of access, find it's ID but looking athe schemeID parameter in the edit link of the scheme. Also you need to find the project ID, again by ID param in an edit URL

Then, Shutdown Jira

Backup the DB

then run SQL to update all issues to the new security level, something like

Update jiraissue set security ='XXXX' where project = 'PROJECTID' and security='10300'

XXXX is your new Security scheme ID

Restart Jira

Re-index

You should now have access again

I'm still confused about how you managed to delete it in the first place, shouldn't have been possible

Jameel Khan June 5, 2013

Thanks for the feedback Matthew. One of the dba's restarted JIRA just as I deleted the scheme which may have caused issues with the DB. Is it possible to run a jelly without needing to stop JIRA? Or will that cause crazy issues on the database? Also, not sure what happened as when deleting a scheme it usually stated that a number of issues are linked to it and the option to select a different scheme or "none" is made available. I didn't see that option at all. Now, I deleted the scheme 10300 and created 10301. I will try your method and see if it works. Thanks for the help mate.

MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2013

if you are updating the Jira database, it's ALWAYS best to shut it down first. It's the only way to be sure the data is in a consistent state.

0 votes
Jameel Khan June 5, 2013

PS. I tried the very same with another project with 10 issues, and no issues had disappeared from the normal search function after I did the same thing.

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 5, 2013

Try bulk-editing the security level...

Suggest an answer