Project export in Jira

Rumceisz June 11, 2012

Hi All,

one of my project admin asked me to make a zip of his project and remove from Jira. I can archive the whole instance as a backup but can be archived only one project? He wants to store the zip in his wiki, so it should be as small as possible and the most important that there are 120 other projects which are classified so he shouldn't have access to those!

So is it poosible to archive only one project?

Can you please suggest?

Thanks in advance!

Rumi

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2012

Hi Rumi ,

There might be a better way to do this , you to take a complete xml backup and on a fresh test instance restore it with the single project that you want .

Make sure that the test JIRA instance uses a separate database from your live JIRA instance, as the import will overwrite all data in the database.

Then take an xml backup of this test instance . this way you will get the backup of a single project in an xml file.

Hope it helps

Rumceisz June 12, 2012

Hi Mizan,

exporting to XML in Issue Navigator can be a solution?

I mean that this XML result can be then later imported to a Jira instance.

Thanks,

Rumi

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2012

exporting to XML from issue navigator is different from a XML backup , You can instead take a CSV export and if required import issues from this CSV , Have a look at this doc

Ralf Martin March 23, 2015

Hi, but this is no scalable solution ;-) Think about an instance of 300 projects - you don't want to delete 299 then...

Suggest an answer