Project does not exist

livhalf May 29, 2014

I changed the key of an existing project and able to view the open tickets via the agile board but when I try to select the project via the projects tab, I receive the following error message:

Project Does Not Exist

Error

The project or issue you are trying to view does not exist. Try browsing for projects.

If you think this message is wrong, please contact your JIRA administrators.

Help!

3 answers

0 votes
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2014

Hi Olivia,

Not a problem. You can not do the following above if you are not hosting JIRA, unfortunately. You need to have this done by system admins who manage the Tomcat instance.

If you are using the OnDemand version of it, then just create a support ticket from Administration>Atlassian Support Tools>Support Request. They should be able to get that resolved.

Mehmet

0 votes
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2014

No, they are actually the same if it was completed successfully. Here is what you can do:

1. Stop Tomcat

2. Delete the contents of \work\ folder in JIRA installation directory (Tomcat) Note that NOT THE "WORK" folder- but the contents of the "work" folder.

3. Restart JIRA and lock and do a full index.

Sometimes it might help to stop and start the database that JIRA uses.

1. Stop Tomcat

2. Restart DB

3. Follow step 2 (with deleting contents of work folder)

4. Restart Tomcat

5. Do full reindex

Hope that works.

livhalf May 30, 2014

Hi Mehmet,

Thanks for your help.

I realize I have not been very clear and outlined that we are not hosting JIRA on our end and I am the project manager / essentially the admin for our JIRA instance. That said, is there a way that I can re-index everything via the system admin portal?

As I mentioned, I ran the "background re-index" and it did not solve the issue. ARe there any other steps I shoudl try?

I also went through and tried ot just delete the project and start over. When I do, I receive the following message:

Errors: No project could be found with key 'CNV'.

Cheers,

Olivia

0 votes
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 29, 2014

Hi Olivia,

I think you need to flush the system. Just do a full reindex from Administration>Indexing. That should fix it. If not, try a restart and index.

Mehmet

livhalf May 29, 2014

I ran a "background re-index" and it did not solve the problem. Should I have run the "Lock JIRA and rebuild index" instead?

Suggest an answer