Project does not exist?????

livhalf May 29, 2014

I changed the key of an existing project and able to view the open tickets via the agile board but when I try to select the project via the projects tab, I receive the following error message:

Project Does Not Exist

Error

The project or issue you are trying to view does not exist. Try browsing for projects.

If you think this message is wrong, please contact your JIRA administrators.

Help!

2 answers

7 votes
Dave Thomas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2014

For others who may experience this problem:  We've had this occur at our site as well.    I looked at our JIRA database and everything seemed to be fine, so it was puzzling that JIRA kept telling us there was no project with the new key.    After reading the comments on https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-38275, I realized that JIRA maintains a cache of the project information.   Creating a new (unrelated) project causes JIRA to rebuild that cache.   We created a dummy project and then the project with the renamed key suddenly started working again.   Restarting JIRA would probably fix the problem as well.   Reindexing issues would have no effect.

AlexH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2015

This is exactly the same problem we encountered on JIRA 6.3.13. Creating a temp project and deleting it also worked for us.

c October 7, 2016

The same with @Alex Holtz,the only difference is  JIRA  version  6.3.1

Orion IT Team January 25, 2017

@Alex Holtz  Thanks a lot.  Creating a temp project works for me.

0 votes
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 29, 2014

Hi Olivia,

Have you tried to rebuild the indexes after the changes?

On your Jira, press g+g and type reindex. Then you'll be able to rebuild the indexes.

livhalf May 30, 2014

Thanks for your help.

I realize I have not been very clear and outlined that we are not hosting JIRA on our end and I am the project manager / essentially the admin for our JIRA instance. That said, is there a way that I can re-index everything via the system admin portal?

As I mentioned, I ran the "background re-index" and it did not solve the issue. ARe there any other steps I shoudl try?

I also went through and tried ot just delete the project and start over. When I do, I receive the following message:

Errors: No project could be found with key 'CNV'.

Cheers,

Olivia

Suggest an answer