Project differentiation

Janna Alberts May 5, 2013

Within the Issue page the only way to see a issue belongs to a specific project is by the project key which I find quite small. Is there a possibility to differentiate between projects by using colors?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 5, 2013

Hi Janna

Basically when you create a project in JIRA, you will then define the project key itself. I believe the Project key is sufficient enough and is the only way to provide the differentiation among other issues on the issue navigator itself.

Ok, I would have loved to see more differentiation (even if it was only changing the color of the key) but I guess the key only might be enough.

Thank you

0 votes

So there is the avatar for the project page and the breadcrumbs if you are looking at the issues belonging to that project, but what if I am looking at ALL my issues at the same time belonging to several projects, in the list you have only the column "key" for differentiating between projects. If your list is quite big you lose the overview of which tasks belong to which project.

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2013

You have the name of the project in your breadcrumbs navigation on top of the view issue page...

0 votes
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 5, 2013

Hi Jann

You can define a Project Avatar on each project to distinguish its difference :)

For more information, please refer on this documentation: Defining a Project

Hopefully it helps!

Cheers :)

Suggest an answer