Project deletion continues after session expired on JIRA 5.4??

JIRA session time out was set to 20 minutes.. I deleted one project from JIRA which is having 30000 issues.. After 20 minutes, the session was expired and I found that nearly 10000 issues were deleted. I logged in again on a different browser tab and searched for the project but in the background it is found that deletion is going on.. Is this intended behavior of JIRA?

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Yes, the session is only for the user intercation. Once you trigger a process in the background (like project deletion or bulk edit), it will run to completion unless the server goes down or if there are issues like the JVM running out of memory.

In short, it is the intended behavior.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

81 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you