Project creating automation

Vignesh Singh July 26, 2020

While creating the issue "project name" and "Project Key" will be given in the custom field. After when ticket is created we will have an Approve button in ticket. When approve button is clicked, Project should be created automatically. This is an urgent requirement, Any solution on this?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 26, 2020

You will need to use one of the more advanced scripting apps, a dedicated project management app, or an app you write yourself, to code up the process of creating a project and all its supporting config and set up.

If you could give us a bit more detail, we may be able to narrow-down your options (my first instinct is to reach for something like Project Creator, rather than try to do it as part of a support project, but I do think what you're trying to do is a good thing - I always recommend having an "Atlassian Support" project that can ask for Jira project authorisation and, ideally, can create new Jira projects for people asking for them, and, yes, have written it more than once)

Suggest an answer