Project can't be accessed on UI, shows "No project could be found with key"

Anshu Raina January 21, 2021

why does "No project could be found with key" shows  up when the project can be located in database in Jira.

I created a project through scriptrunner post function in Jira and can see it in the UI list of projects. But when I try clicking on the Project, it says "No project could be found with key". I checked the backend and it shows the project details  of that project_key  in the project table in database.

What could be the reason and how can I fix this issue. Any help please?

2 answers

0 votes
brbojorque
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2021

It could be that you are not a member of the Browse Permission in the Project Settings -> Permissions of the newly created project that is why you can't see it.

Wait how did you check the database? You are using the cloud version right?

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2021

Hi @Anshu Raina ,

Your tags to this question mention cloud but you checking in the database leads me to believe you are on a server version?

You say you created the project through a Post Function, did you also do a re-index after creation? That often helps in UI vs DB issues.

Suggest an answer