Project by user

Eduardo RODRIGUES April 8, 2015

I have several users as well as several project. However, I need a specific user to see only a specific project when he signs in. How can I do that? Actually, I this user must have no permission to see other projects.

7 answers

1 vote
Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2015

Hello Eduardo,

Basically what you have to do, it's give only to this user the right permission, also be sure if that user is not a member from other groups who have permissions to see other projects.

This URL should help in case you happen to face any roadblocks 

1 vote
Jaime S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 8, 2015

Hi, Eduardo.

I see two alternatives to your request.

1. Associate each project with a different permission scheme. Each permission scheme will only give 'Browse Projects' permission to the users you want to access the project.
  2. Associate the same permission scheme to all project, but set permissions based on project roles. In each project, you add the customers to the project roles in a way they have access to it.

To know more about permission schemes, please check this documentation. Project roles are explained here.

I hope it was helpful.

Kind regards,
Jaime Kirch da Silveira
Atlassian Cloud Support

0 votes
Eduardo RODRIGUES April 9, 2015

Exactly. I can set users to not see the issues of other projects. However, I need them to not see even the project name in the project list.

0 votes
saravanan subramanian April 9, 2015

I think Eduardo RODRIGUES is interested in the project level permissions not at the issue type level.

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2015
0 votes
Andre Borzzatto
Atlassian Team
April 8, 2015

Hi Eduardo,

To achieve this setup you have to manage each project specific permissions.

Using a JIRA administrator account you can refer to the administrative section of the project and change the JIRA Project permission to allow only specific groups/users/roles to browse the project.

In this particular case, to prevent users from seeing the project, you will have to change the users who currently have the "Browse Projects" permission.

I hope it helps!

You can find more information about it in the following link:

Andre

0 votes
saravanan subramanian April 8, 2015

It is all based how you set up your project permissions - If it is all user based  not group based then you can add that user to only that project.

There are three project level permissions - Administrators , Developers and Users  - You can add that user accordingly

Suggest an answer