Project admins to configure security scheme for his project

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2014

Hi All

I want to let project admins create issue security schemes for their projects something similar to the way they can create components and versions.

I need this feature because there are hundreds of projects and each project has a different issue security needs. At present jira admins are becoming the bottleneck in creating issue security schemes for projects or editing existing ones. This current solution is not scalable.

I know out of box jira does not allow this and there is a feature request already in place https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-3156

I want to know

1. if there are any plugins available in the marketplace which can unblock me in the medium term.

2. Any workarounds possible.?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2014

1. Nope, and 2. Not really.

You could try to rig up some complicated request/workflow/post-function-hack, but however you approach it, you're going to need some coding that bypasses the "only admin can change this setting" thing.

Having said that, I've generally found that bottlenecks in Jira administration are only really caused by being forced to rely on maintaining groups inside the application, rather than using external authentication (and group management) combined with generalised permissions and security schemes.

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2014

Thanks Nic for your response.

Suggest an answer