Project administrator cannot add comments on the issues reported/assigned to other users.

Rumit Patel April 23, 2013

Hi,

I am new to JIRA. I have a project where I have added certain users in the 'Administrator' project role and some users in 'Users' project role. I also have 'Add comments' permission set to 'Reporter', 'Current Assignee' and 'Project Role (Administrator)'.

Now I created an Issue (Say ISS1) with user 1 (Project role - user) and assigned it to user 2 (project role - user). When I log in with the admin user (Project role - administrator), I can view the issues in the project, but can not add comments on it. Rather I see issues as if I am another 'User' group user and not as an 'Administrator'. Also, current assignee and the reporter both can add comments. Its just the administrator who can not add comments.

Am I missing any permission or anything else here?

Regards,

Rumit

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vidic Florjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2013

All looks ok. To add comments to an issue, i.e. to see the Comment button, you must have both of the following permissions for the issue's relevant project:

What you can try:

- Try use Permission Helper to discover why a user does or does not have certain permissions...

(click on Permission Helper link on the upper right side of the Issue Permision schema)

- Try to add admin user directly to permission scheme,

- Check if the admin users (current user and added in Administrator role) have the same username,

- Try the same with different username (not with admin user)

Suggest an answer