Project Versions: how can I add a new line in the description of a version?

Jill Pate November 1, 2012

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AgentSmith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 14, 2013

Greetings!

Note: You can add text but there are no line breaks. There is no way to add a secondary line per se.

Select 'Manage Version' in the upper right corner. This will present an interface where you can edit, add, delete or merge versions. You can also drag and change the version order.

However, you can suggest this be a feature request at jira.atlassian.com if you feel the existing functionality is lacking, etc.

I hope this information was helpful.

Cheers,

Jason | Atlassian

Jill Pate January 19, 2013

I have added this feature request. Without line breaks, the information in that field is useless.

Thanks for responding!

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2013

I am starting to think that you are trying to achieve what that field was not meant for by putting all that information manually there. The purpose of version release notes was exactly this. I am guessing that every item that you add there is also a JIRA task that you track for that version. You have the possiblity to get a beautiful version report that lists all the issues that has been corrected for that release. Isn't it that better?

I am doubtful whether you will every have a Rich editing control for that field and it may not be just sufficient that you are able to type in newlines. A workaround if release notes is no what you are looking for is to just put a confluence link to a Version page and publish a nice summary page in confluence for the customers.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+Release+Notes

Suggest an answer