Project Types missing

Venu Mandadi August 20, 2015

When creating a new project, I am only seeing 3 types now. I don't see Software Development and few others that I had last week. I don't remember changing any settings. Any ideas how I can enable them?

Jira Project Types.PNG

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2015

Sounds like you have turned off "JIRA Agile" - that provides two development type projects (and I think Atlassian removed one other template from the core of plain JIRA with the latest update).

Do you have "JIRA" or "JIRA for development (JIRA + Agile)"?

Venu Mandadi August 21, 2015

Unless it automatically turned off when I switched from trial to paid, I didn't turn it off manually. Maybe it has to do with the update. I believe I have Jira. Do you know if Jira for development is 2 products (Jira and Jira Agile) as far as license?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2015

That would make sense - if you trialled "Jira for Development" and only went with "Jira", then the Agile stuff will have vanished, including the project types. You can always add Agile back if you need to be using Jira-for-development - it does cost more of course.

Venu Mandadi August 21, 2015

I may have to do that. Thanks!

0 votes
Nick Daniels December 23, 2015

Thanks. I don't know if I need mark this as "question answered", but it is. Cheers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 23, 2015

The project types all changed in 7, to be aligned with the intended purposes of the three main applications. The three shown here are no longer in Core, but have been replaced by three more business appropriate ones, and "default schemes" have now gone, but you do have the option to "use shared config". Finally! Been asking for that since the stupid "new scheme for everything" started creeping in.

ms August 19, 2018

Where do I find the above referenced "use shared config" so that I can get Jira Software working on my Jira Data Center on AWS EC2? Then we can close this as answered?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 19, 2018

It's at the bottom of the template selection window.

ms August 19, 2018

And where is the "template selection" window, are you  talking about EC2, or CloudFormation, or other place?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 19, 2018

In Jira, when you click "create project".

ms August 19, 2018

Nope. I only see Business project templates or Service project templates. There is no "Software" type templates shown to select from?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 19, 2018

You have not got Jira Software installed then.  Try adding it from "manage applications"

ms August 19, 2018

Thx Nic, that's the conclusion I was coming to, but is it not supposed to be included when you install Jira Data Center full as advertised or documented? Is it common that this hic-up occurs where Software does not install or become enabled by default?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 19, 2018

Jira DC has three possible bundles, like the server version does.  Core, Service Desk and Software.  The Software and Service Desk bundles are nothing more than Core + <application> distributed together so you don't have to click "install" on the "manage application" page after installing Core.

So, I don't actually know what you installed, so I can't tell you whether it should have Software.  If you went with the Jira Software Data Centre install, then you should have it automatically.

ms August 20, 2018

https://aws-quickstart.s3.amazonaws.com/quickstart-atlassian-jira/doc/jira-software-data-center-on-the-aws-cloud.pdf is the documentation that I followed to install Jira Data Center, which seemed to be documented as containing Jira Sofware and Jira Service Desk which would include 3 project types 1) Service, 2) Business, and 3) Software. But when I go to create a new project, I do not get presented the "Software" type slection. AWS says "they don't have the Atlassian expertise as they just provide infrastructure support and cannot know the millions of applications out there" and Atlassian says "they can't support because it's not one of their cloud URLs." So I'm thinking I need go back out there and see if there is a Jira Software install procedure to follow for an AWS deployment, or Jira Core. But then I wonder how truly integrated will the functionality be between Service Desk and Software if I just install a separate Jira Software into my Cloud?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 20, 2018

Again, go to "manage applications" and add it.  I don't know why you are not doing that.

ms August 20, 2018

Again -  don't understand your "manage applications" - where are you talking about, do you have a link?  I don't seem to find a "manage applications" tab / link in my AWS EC2 nor CloudFormation console. Maybe you are referring to some Atlassian console? Do you have a link you can share. Sorry to be so dumb on this as I'm new to try to be an Atlassian and AWS admin

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 20, 2018

It's in Jira's admin section.

0 votes
Nick Daniels December 22, 2015

I also have missing project types. I just installed JIRA 7.0.5 and I don't have "Simple Issue Tracking" as a project type.

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2015

Since this is hosted in the cloud, you may want to ask the System Admins for your project configs.

Venu Mandadi August 20, 2015

I am the one who setup the account last week as a trial. I played in there creating few test projects and everything seemed good. I went in today added credit card information and went to setup my projects and noticed several templates missing so I can't setup my projects. Opened a support ticket with Atlassian earlier today but thought I would ask here and see if there is something simple I am missing. One thing that's changed since I played with test projects was I added Tempo add-on.

Suggest an answer