Project Time Breakdown by Phase

Brandon Shinholser March 19, 2015

Overview:

A small agency working on a new website for a large client. There are 6 phases from conception to completion of the website:

• Discovery
  • Strategy
  • Design
  • Development
  • QA
  • Launch

The team totals 10 people who will be completing tasks and logging time on this build.

How can said team setup JIRA to allow them to generate a report specifying the hours that each phase totaled once the website has launched? Is there a way to do this?

• Currently, we assign clients in JIRA as "PROJECTS"
  • When creating issues, we use "LABELS" to keep track of the departments within our company (development, creative, marketing, sales, account)

How would you solve this problem? Advice is appreciated!

3 answers

0 votes
Viðar Svansson [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2015

Hi Brandon,

You might want to check out Tempo Timesheets. It has various features that could help you such as Account and Team fields and time-tracking reports and exports. It also works great with EazyBI smile

Cheers,

Viðar (Tempo)

0 votes
Brandon Shinholser March 27, 2015

Thank you, Laura. I'm going to pass this along to my team and see if we can give it a test run. I'll report back! Thanks again!

0 votes
Lauma Cīrule
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2015

Hi Brandon,

If you are still looking for reporting solution, please take a look at eazyBI report creation add-on for JIRA. With eazyBI you can create custom reports based on JIRA data.

Here is an example report of hours logged monthly by issue type. You can also change the report by adding Logged by dimension to see users who logged the hours.

Let me know if you have any additional questions about eazyBI. You can also contact me directly at support@eazybi.com

Kind regards,
Lauma

Suggest an answer