Project Template

Linus Fung November 3, 2014

I am using the cloud JIRA and I am trying to configure it into a dedicated Change Request system. When I create a new project, there are always a few options of what kind of project I am going to create (e.g. Project Management). However, I indeed just need one project type which I want to configure it myself. So how can I set up a default project type and delete all the unnecessary types? And also I would like to have only one default workflow in the only one kind of issue (Change Request). Now I cannot have my own issue type associated to any kind of the project types. For example, when I open a new project, I have to choose one type. As an example I chose Software Development, I always have to create an issue among its default issue type such as Bug, while I would only want to have my own configured type. How may I set a default setting for all projects and issues without other options?

1 answer

0 votes
Andre Borzzatto
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 5, 2014

Hi Linus,

You can try to create a new JIRA Classic project type.

The JIRA Classic project type is created using all default project schemes.

So if you define all default scheme configurations I think you might get much closer to what you want since JIRA Cloud does not have a Project Template functionality at the moment.

Hope it helps!

Andre

MajoG December 23, 2014

Hi Linus, I'm having a similar problem (https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/11962121/how-to-set-up-a-generic-project-template) If I create a Jira Classic project type, I will loose all the new funcitonality for the new agile projects in the plugin "Agile/GreenHopper". Regards, Mage

Suggest an answer