Project Template

I am using the cloud JIRA and I am trying to configure it into a dedicated Change Request system. When I create a new project, there are always a few options of what kind of project I am going to create (e.g. Project Management). However, I indeed just need one project type which I want to configure it myself. So how can I set up a default project type and delete all the unnecessary types? And also I would like to have only one default workflow in the only one kind of issue (Change Request). Now I cannot have my own issue type associated to any kind of the project types. For example, when I open a new project, I have to choose one type. As an example I chose Software Development, I always have to create an issue among its default issue type such as Bug, while I would only want to have my own configured type. How may I set a default setting for all projects and issues without other options?

1 answer

Hi Linus,

You can try to create a new JIRA Classic project type.

The JIRA Classic project type is created using all default project schemes.

So if you define all default scheme configurations I think you might get much closer to what you want since JIRA Cloud does not have a Project Template functionality at the moment.

Hope it helps!

Andre

Hi Linus, I'm having a similar problem (https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/11962121/how-to-set-up-a-generic-project-template) If I create a Jira Classic project type, I will loose all the new funcitonality for the new agile projects in the plugin "Agile/GreenHopper". Regards, Mage

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

345 views 4 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you