Project Specific Select List Values

Hi

Is it possible to have the values in a select list determined by the project and those values can be set by the project lead, ie: similar to the Component and Versions fields?

Thanks

David

4 answers

0 votes
Holger Schimanski
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2013

If you want to allow project admins to edit this value, there is no standard JIRA functionality available. Have a look at feature request JRA-3156 or JRA-1991 to stay up to date.

Because of this missing feature I have implemented Project Specific Select Field, which allows the project admin to manage the values of the select field. It is available for JIRA 5.1 to 6.0 (and JIRA 6.1 will be supported soon as released).

Cheers
Holger

0 votes
Cory Sytsma April 3, 2012

You can get half your functionality, of being able to have specific select list values per project, by using the customfield contexts, and set one up for each Project.

But there isn't standard functionality to allow non-Admins to edit the available values in the select lists.

-Cory

0 votes
Jeff Putsch April 3, 2012

The Project Specific Select Field (https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugins/jira.plugin.projectspecificselectfield.jpssf) might do the trick, although it appears to be JIRA 4.3 only.

Jeff.

Hi Jeff

I had found that plugin as well, but was hoping it was included in standard Jira functionality.

Thanks

David

0 votes
Devu Heda
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2012

I am also looking for this ...would love to see a solution for this

Suggest an answer