Project Permissions

Murat Saraçoğulları October 1, 2018

Dear Colleagues,

I want to edit project permissions such as:

-  The user can create project but can not add oneself and anyone to the project.

-  The user can not add issue type.

-  The user can add  space schema

How can I edit these permissions, thanks in advance...

2 answers

0 votes
Anil Kumar October 14, 2018

All below comes under same permission :
Create and administer - projects, issue types, fields, workflows, and schemes for all projects.

1. The user can create project but can not add oneself and anyone to the project
            Possible by configure permissions in user management [JIRA Cloud]
  2. The user can not add issue type.
    Not possible, as per first line , if user can create project, can create issue types also.
  3. The user can add space schema
    Is this for JIRA or confluence ?
0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2018

Hello,

You can have such permissions.

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2018

Do you mean CAN'T?

I want to edit these permissions, but I can not find their places to edit.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2018

@Joe Pitt Thank you. I meant CAN'T. There are only three levels: Project Administrator, Jira Administrator and System Jira Administrator. That is all. 

Where is the area that I can manage? For example the issue type adding or removing permission area. 

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 1, 2018

There is not such permission as add or remove issue type. You should be a Jira administrator to add or remove an issue type. But Jira administrator will also give you other permissions like creating and removing permission schemes, workflow schemes and so on.

The user can create project but the user can not add oneself and anyone to the project? Which group should I add the user?

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 1, 2018

There is no permission like that. If a user can create a project, this user can add anyone to this project. This user must be a Jira administrator. You can not split these permissions.

I want, the user able to create a project but can not add himself to the proejct. Is it possible? By the way, thank you for your quick responses...

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 1, 2018

It is not possible.

For v 7.12.1 What is the differences between Project Administrator, Jira Administrator and System Jira Administrator level ? How can I add users to project administrator instead of Jira Administrator? How can I manage Project Administrator group? What's the abilities of Project Administrator level, do you have any document or link? Thank you for your support.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2018

System admin can perform all the admin actions.  There is a system admin group (or groups) that say who is a system admin.  Only system admins can add people to those groups if you're using the internal accounts.

Jira admin can only configure the application stuff (modify schemes, fields, workflows, users etc).  There is a jira admin group (or groups) that say who is a jira admin.  Only system and jira admins can add people to those groups if you're using the internal accounts.

Project admin is controlled by the permissions on the project and lets the user manage things local to that project only (roles, components and versions, plus some field and workflow settings in later versions)

Thank you for your response :)

Suggest an answer