We have a large JIRA instance and need to name projects with classifying information that is not necessary for the end users to see, for example region, country, business practice. Is there a way to only display a friendly project name to end users?
Have you consider to naming your projects with a user-friendly name an use Profields - Jira Project Custom Fields (PAID) to manage your project data?
Profields is a visual tracker for corporate Jira environments that centralizes project data while streamlining strategic decisions.
- Cross-project overview with the right information for any context
- Standardize projects in enterprise installations of Jira
- Seamless project communication
- Audit and inventory thousands of Jira projects
- Corporate Governance and key PPM ingredient
- Project management
- Consultancy projects
- Project reporting with gadgets for Jira dashboards
- 12 types of project custom fields, including automated ones
- Project Navigator to search projects
- Bulk Operations to save time implementing data or administrating projects Profields functions in JQLs and workflows
- Notifications: watch projects and subscribe to queries
You are welcome Shana :)
Did my answer solves your problem?
If so, consider to mark the proposed solution as an 'Accepted answer'. This will help other people with the same or a quite similar problem to find a solution in a easy and faster way.
In addition, by doing this the post will automatically gain the "Solved:" prefix in search results to indicate other people that no further support is needed.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events