Project Migration from Jira 3.10 to Jira 6.4.9

Sachin Dhamale November 28, 2016

I want to migrate project data from JIRA v3.10 to JIRA v6.4.9.

In that JIRA v3.10 i have test steps and expected result.

so i want to know what is best way to migrate? should i first upgrade JIRA from 3.10 to 6.4.9 but it will take so much time because i have to go step by step means first need to upgrade to 4 , 5 then 6

Or Should i migrate issue using CSV import? but int that how do i move the attachment and test steps and expected result.

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2016

You'll need to upgrade all the way to 6.4 if you want to use "project import".  That can import a whole project, with all the core data (not add-on data, but the issues, history, fields and the rest).  It does need you to have configured the target project first though.

0 votes
Dave Bosman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 29, 2016

Hi Sachin,

If you are going to export to csv you will lose a lot of information (comments, update information, etc, ... )

So i would upgrade JIRA if i where you.

Even if it means you have to repeat the process a few times. 

According to https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/upgrading-jira-3-x-data-to-jira-6-x-251004540.html

you only need to upgrade to 4.4.5 first.

Regards

Dave

Suggest an answer