Project Migration from Jira 3.10 to Jira 6.4.9

I want to migrate project data from JIRA v3.10 to JIRA v6.4.9.

In that JIRA v3.10 i have test steps and expected result.

so i want to know what is best way to migrate? should i first upgrade JIRA from 3.10 to 6.4.9 but it will take so much time because i have to go step by step means first need to upgrade to 4 , 5 then 6

Or Should i migrate issue using CSV import? but int that how do i move the attachment and test steps and expected result.

2 answers

Hi Sachin,

If you are going to export to csv you will lose a lot of information (comments, update information, etc, ... )

So i would upgrade JIRA if i where you.

Even if it means you have to repeat the process a few times. 

According to https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/upgrading-jira-3-x-data-to-jira-6-x-251004540.html

you only need to upgrade to 4.4.5 first.

Regards

Dave

0 vote

You'll need to upgrade all the way to 6.4 if you want to use "project import".  That can import a whole project, with all the core data (not add-on data, but the issues, history, fields and the rest).  It does need you to have configured the target project first though.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,232 views 14 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot