Project Lead not getting email when New Ticket is Opened

jfriedberg November 22, 2020

Currently I have setup the notification scheme associated to my project to notify the project lead whenever a new issue is created. However I (the project lead) am not getting an email notification when this is happening and I'm not sure why. 

The thought behind this is the project lead will then assign the ticket to a certain resource. If there is a better way to have this process I'd also be interested in hearing. 

Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 10.44.55 AM.png 

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2020

Hi jfriedberg,

1.) one question that comes to my mind: is there a component defined for the issues that are troubling because the "component lead" takes precedence over the "project lead"
Here is some more information:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver088/configuring-projects/managing-components

2.) in case you make the changes with your account but have not enabled to receive notifications for own changes this might be the cause of the missing mails.
You can enable it like described here:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/manage-your-jira-personal-settings/

3.) For a Jira administrator of your instance it would also be possible to use the notification helper:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/use-the-jira-admin-helper/

This should show right away if the configuration was done properly or not.

4.) I could also image a case where a different notification scheme is assigned to the troubling project.

5.) Last but not least the problem could also be client-based (spam filter, sorting rules).

This is a lot you have to check now ;)
Please let us know what you found out.

Cheers,
Daniel

jfriedberg November 22, 2020

Hey @Daniel Ebers , thanks for the thoughtful answer, however none of those seem to be the issue and for the notification help all of the outputs show the notification should be working. 

However, I still am not receiving anything in my, when the issue is updated and for other actions I do receive email notifications. 

Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 4.06.50 PM.pnginbox. 

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2020

That looks good so far. Just to confirm. The issue has been created by a colleague for a test, right?
Otherwise, if you create it, you would not be notified as it is considered "your own change".

jfriedberg November 23, 2020

Ah interesting, yes I created it as the project lead hoping to still get a notification. I've just tried again logging in as another user and the Project Lead (myself), is still not getting an email notification. 

jfriedberg November 23, 2020

Wait, please disregard! The email just came though, thank you! 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events