Project Lead keep getting Notifications for all issue activities

Bhupesh Nagda May 20, 2013

Hi,

Even if the issue is assigned to another user the Project Lead(PL) gets all the updates of all issues. I understand that PL being the default assignee will get notifications but once he is not assignee he shouldn't...I am sure there must be a way to fix it..I am Using default notification scheme...and PL is not watching any issues nor he is the reporter of any.

Thanks & Regards

Bhupesh

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 20, 2013

Judging your description, there must be an entity mentioned in your notification scheme which causes the PL to receive these notifications. My first guess would be, that the PL actually IS a watcher to the issues, since normally you will automatically become one once you become assignee of an issue. Please validate the PL really isn't a watcher to the issues.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2013

You need to look at the notification scheme to work out why this is - check what events you've got notifications for and then how the PL matches those. (Just because it's "default" does not mean we can tell what it is - most default schemes can be edited)

Suggest an answer