Project Import on JIRA

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2013

Hi All

I am going to perform project import on production jira instances.

My question is - Is there any issues to perform project import whilst users are using JIRA or is it recommended to use it during a time when there is minimum traffic (ie.e weekends)

Rahul

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
AlaA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2013

Hello Rahul,

Since Project import is not acutually a trivial task to do, it's advisable to perform it during the minimum traffic time. Because you may need to change some configuration in your JIRA. You may refer to the following link for further details on project import:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Restoring+a+Project+from+Backup

I hope that helps.

1 vote
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 30, 2013

Better be safe than sorry right? I'd always recommend to either do it during non peak hours or disable JIRA access during this time.

Suggest an answer