Project Import: Select Backup File from Test to Production

Imdad KP December 5, 2017

Hi Team,

running Data Center Jira on AWS.
I am planning to import single project from jira backup from v7.2.3 to v7.3.6. What are all things I have to take care.

Also how should I place the attachment into path 
Backup attachments will be loaded from: /../../../shared/import/attachments/ABC/10000

or 

/../../../shared/import/attachments/ABC-1

/../../../shared/import/attachments/ABC-2

Thanks,

Imdad KP

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 5, 2017

Hi @Imdad KP,

The documentation on restoring a project from a backup details the list of steps you have to take in order to be able to restore a project from a backup.

As for the attachments, I believe that your first path of /../../../shared/import/attachments/ABC/10000 is actually the correct format for this, however it is possible that this file naming convention might have changed between the versions of Jira you listed.  In which case, it's possible that these attachments might not be able to be restored properly without first upgrading your backup to the same version as the destination as a means to convert the format.

We would recommend testing this on a staging instance first though to determine if this is the case before trying this on a production environment.

Regards,
Andy

Imdad KP December 8, 2017

Thanks @Andy Heinzer,

I have to upgrade jira data center on aws from 7.2.3 to 7.3.6.

Thanks,

Imdad KP

Suggest an answer