Project Import - Attachment do not exist error

Maarten de Cock March 23, 2014

While trying to import two projects from one JIRA 6.2.1. installation to another JIRA 6.2.1. installation (physically apart), the pre-import log shows me this:

Attachments
There are more than twenty attachment entries that do not exist in the attachment directory. See your logs for full details.

Log says:
2014-03-24 12:01:23,615 JiraTaskExectionThread-22 WARN admin 721x6014x1 1ecmhva 212.178.108.82,0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 /secure/admin/ProjectImportSelectProject.jspa [imports.project.handler.AttachmentFileValidatorHandler] The attachment 'kana_856721_image002[1].jpg' does not exist at '/data/jira/data/import/attachments/CES/CES-3079/10819'. It will not be imported.

I have made an export of the attachments from this folder (can be any folder): $source_JIRA_HOME/data/data/attachments

I extract the package to this location (as described in the documentation):
$target_JIRA_HOME/data/import/attachments

My attachment path defined under System in Jira:
Default Directory [/data/jira/data/data/attachments]

Map structure of attachments look like this:
[ProjectKey]/[ProjectKey]-[IssueNumber]/[FileNumber].file (sometimes it has also a 'thumbs' directory)

My target Jira runs on lunix and the jira-user had read and write acces to $JIRA_HOME

I have also tried to put the attachments in this directions:
$target_JIRA_HOME/data/jira/data/data/attachments
$target_JIRA_HOME/data/attachments

Did I forget something? How can I make this project import work with attachments?

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Maarten de Cock March 24, 2014

We have solved the problem!

It looks like their went something wrong during the restore or backup process. All IDs of the files where changed so the paths aren't correct anymore. I don't know what happend there, but we tried again and now it works.

I hope this post help others with the same problem!

Scottie Brimmer June 22, 2014

Tried what again, exactly? Reimporting?

Todd Hlavacek February 7, 2015

Like Scottie above, what did you do? Did you try backing up and then using an updated backup file? What?

Daniel Juárez June 27, 2019

Did you find the reason behind this? We get on the logs that a given file does not exist, but it actually does.

0 votes
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 24, 2014

Maarten,

I see typos in those locations: attach(e)ments. That might be causing the issue.

If you change your target home as:

$target_JIRA_HOME/data/attachments

I think that might do the trick. I assume your Administration>Attachments in JIRA has the location with no "e".

Maarten de Cock March 24, 2014

Sorry for the typos in my post! I fixed them.

I didn't create any "attachments" folder in $target_JIRA_HOME, so I didn't make a type mistake.
I have checked it!

Suggest an answer