Project Health Score for projects in JIRA

shampa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2013

We are managing our projects through JIRA. Nevertheless we still need to depend upon an external system or excels to generate a score basis certain health parameter values for project. For example, if schedule variance is more than ten percent then the external system gives a score of 3, if it's more than 20 % then score is reduced to 1 and so on...

Similarly there are more parameters. SInce projects are running in JIRA so all the input data is fetched from JIRA and fed into the grading or scoring system to get a health score

Do we have any addons for this version or next versions in JIRA to offer similar/such capabilities.

2 answers

0 votes
Midori
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2015

Better Excel Plugin could be a huge time saver for this and generally for any Excel based analysis on JIRA data.

You can continue to use your Excel spreadsheet template (I reckon you already have one elaborated), but instead of filling that manually, you can use this plugin to fill with the most current data from JIRA and generate that report in a blink of an eye. Extra tip: you can even generate these XSLX files automatically (without any manual trigger).

Check out the full manual

A template looks like this:

excel-chart-template.png

And it will be rendered into this:

excel-chart-result.png

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2013

Hey there, Shampa.

As of now, I don't think there are any plugins that provide this functionality though I share your thoughts that it is good to have some sort of gauge to determine the health of the project (performance, schedule, number of cases reported).

Perhaps it can be considered as a feature request thought I think that it might take quite a while to implement this feature. Worth the luck to log a ticket in https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa definitely.

Warm regards,

Danial

Suggest an answer