Project Configurator Error During Import

Middleware User July 13, 2014
() Hi,

We are interested in using Project Configurator in our environment. We tried to do an export/import between two test systems and are running into an issue during the import. I've attached a screenshot of the error we are receiving. After we receive this error, we are not able to restore our system back to xml file backup before trying the import, we have to restore the database. Any suggestions of what may be happening?

Much Thanks. (project-config-dump).txt)

2 answers

0 votes
Middleware User August 3, 2014

The issue here was that we were using the MySQL MYiSAM engine. After moving to the InnoDB engine this is now workign successfully.

José Marañón [Awnaba Software S.L.]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 22, 2014

Noreen, Apparently something changed in Atlassian Answers this summer and disconnected users from the tags they were following (at least in this case). Sorry, that made me miss this question. Nevertheless. I am glad you found the solution by yourself. Take into account that Project Configurator requires transactions to be enabled in your database, in order to guarantee that the configuration load will be rolled back if there is any error (so you are not left with a half-applied configuration). MySQL MyISAM engine does not support transactions, so it is not a good choice for Project Configurator. We will improve documentation in this aspect.

0 votes
Middleware User July 15, 2014

The issue here was that we were using the MySQL MYiSAM engine. After moving to the InnoDB engine this is now workign successfully.

Suggest an answer