Project Central was discussed at Summit, what is the plug-in used for emailing summary of projects people subscribe to?

Melissa Waitz (TT) November 10, 2015

7 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sherif Mansour
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 12, 2021

As Bryan mentioned above - we finally have a solution for this! Love to hear all your feedback https://www.atlassian.com/software/team-central

Sherif Mansour
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 19, 2021

If folks are interested, we also have a community group around this : https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Team-Central/gh-p/teamcentral

3 votes
bryan_morgan November 10, 2015

I don't think it is available as a plugin.  One of the questions that followed the presentation, (skip to 28:20 in the online presentation) was about what tool was used and Ron Romain described it as a simple microservice of about 1200 lines based on Node.js

MarkW November 19, 2015

Yep. Other wise, it's just a JIRA project specifically for projects :-) We use the same at my company but we also include a lot more information in it that's needed to track the project.

Jane Sherman November 25, 2015

MarkW - Did you write an email program to send out status? We're on Jira Cloud and I'm trying to figure out how to do this? Getting that last comment is crucial for making this successful. (The Filter Subscriptions suggestion doesn't send the last Comment.)

MarkW November 27, 2015

Hi @Jane Sherman - No, I had not written an email program, yet. I was only stating that we use a JIRA project like Project Central except ours is called Project Description and it houses all sorts of project information with some automation built in.

Rudy Holtkamp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2021
2 votes
Sherif Mansour
Atlassian Team
November 6, 2019

If anyone is still interested in this topic, we're currently looking into what we can do in this area and would love to speak to any customers looking to improve how they align their teams status updates, at scale. 

Feel free to reach out and I'll set something up to share how we're going and would love to learn from you! smansour at atlassian dot com

2 votes
MattS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2016

Any updates on this?

Selene Vallet August 2, 2017
1 vote
Ron Romain
Atlassian Team
December 6, 2015

The connect add-on we use for sending out weekly emails isn't available as a plugin yet. It's a short connect based add-on that run's weekly to aggregate what people are watching and highlight any changes made in the previous week. A few other things are aggregated by it as well, like new projects, but overall that's what it does. We currently don't have a definite timeline on when the connect add-on will be made available.

Jules Fishelman February 9, 2016

@Ronald Romain, could you clarify if Atlassian intends to develop the connect add-on as a plugin? I'm sure we're not alone in wanting to leverage it smile

Mike Doolittle May 2, 2016

I'd like to second this request for info.  I'd also like to see this available in Cloud.  Thanks!

1 vote
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2015
0 votes
Capi [resolution]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 22, 2019

Since the link in @bryan_morgan's response is broken, I'd like to leave a link to the presentation he mentions on Slideshare: https://www.slideshare.net/GoAtlassian/cutting-through-the-noise-breaking-down-hierarchical-communication-channels-and-silos

Suggest an answer