Project Agile tab not dispalying tabs for burndown etc...

Ben Sullivan September 4, 2012

Hi

We have one project that displayed the burnup burndown and velocity tabs on the project Agile tab and another that doesn't.

I thought it might be related to the Greenhopper plugin not being enabled for the project but the project with the tabs isn't enabled for Greenhopper either and that has the tabs I'm after.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ben

2 answers

0 votes
Matthew Hunter
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2012

Hi Ben,

The reason why your project wasn't showing the burndown, burnup and velocity charts on the project page is that you didn't have any statistic configured. If you add a statistic, such as story points, from within the GreenHopper Classic Board (statistics button->click add->select your statistic) then you'll be able to see those charts. :)

More information on configuring statistics can be found at:

* https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Configuring+Statistics

Cheers,

Matt

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2012

I would confirm that the project with tabs is not enabled for Greenhopper because that is the only condition used in displaying the tab!

All you need to do is to enable the project for GH and the tab will appear.

But that doesn't explain why I can see the tabs for the other project that doesn't have the plugin enabled?

Sorry just confirmed - the plugin is enabled for all projects. So it's not that...

Is this a permissions thing?

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2012

Nope. That is why I said I would recheck that once again ;) Are you sure it is not enabled for the other project?

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Restricting+GreenHopper+to+Selected+Projects

GH is enabled for all projects

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2012

Sorry, no idea what else is going wrong.

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2012

Btw, check the error logs to see if there is some error when it is trying to display the tab!

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2012

@Jobin, Ben seems to be on OnDemand.

Are you able to see the issues from this project in your boards? Are you using Classic boards or Rapidboards?

Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2012

@Renjith oh yeah, logs doesn't seem to be an option then!

Ben Sullivan September 5, 2012

@Renjith - yeah can see the issues on classic. I havn't used RapidBoards but it looks like they're the future of GH so I fired up a new Sprint on the Plan board and added an issue to it.

Still no tabs on the Agile tab on the project page though...

Suggest an answer