Project Admins no longer able to Start Sprints

Brian Clampet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2014

My new project admins are not able to start and stop their own Sprints.

Project owners of previous boards (made a month ago) were able to do this but now they cannot.

-Users are Project Role Administrators in Jira and have full rights in associated Confluence space

-Permissions Scheme used includes full rights for Project Role Administrator

-Cannot start sprint unless I (Global admin) explicitly give permissions to the individual user in the Permissions scheme for Administration of the project.

-Ranking is enabled

-Myself has a global administrator CAN start sprints

-If the User creates a Sprint from an existing project they can start the sprint. But if they configure and change the filter query (even to a query they created) the option to start a sprint disappears.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brian Clampet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2014

The ORDER BY ranking was included in the filter, but I had to explicitly state the project as well in order to give proj. admins permissions to start the sprints. This was not the ideal situation, but to weed out tickets outside of the project where the proj admins didn't have permissions was too timely. Instead we've added the project in the filter to start the sprint and now extraneous tickets will be fixed manually via filters to have them placed in to the project the assignee works in.

1 vote
Brian Clampet
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 5, 2014

Hi,

So problem is the user is not a Project Admin for all tickets in filter. I thought they only had to be Project admin for all tickets in the Sprint. Scrolling down into the backlog I found tickets from projects where the user was not a Proj Admin. :( Damn.

Thanks for the input Mauro.

Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 6, 2014

Thanks Brian for posting your findings.

Cheers!

0 votes
Mauro Badii
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 5, 2014

Does the option to start the sprint disappears or it greys out? If it is greyed out, then hoover over it and it will display a message saying what the problem is.

If the query is changed, make sure that the ORDER BY ranking is still in the query.

Hope it helps,
Mauro

Suggest an answer