Project Admin can't see/add users or groups to a project

Ben Asper July 19, 2017

I should have all the necessary access I need, but when I go to add a group to the users section of this project, the screen is blank.  I see no users, although there ARE users on that project, and when I click to add them, I get a blank dropdown.

1 answer

1 vote
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 20, 2017

The project admin role should be able to both see the roles/users for a project as well as add users/groups to different roles.   It is possible that you would not be able to search for new users if you were missing the global browse users permission, but even with this missing you should be able to see all the users/groups currently in the project.

JIRA should not be displaying a blank dropdown, if you didn't have permissions, that field would either be greyed out or you wouldn't even be able to reach that page.  Sounds like something else is happening here.

Which version of JIRA are you using?

Are other project admins having this same problem?  System admins?

Sounds like something on the page isn't loading, might want to take a look at the browser console to see if the page is loading correctly.  It might also help to see a screenshot of what you see.

Suggest an answer