Prohibit certain links through validator script

Josh Costella May 2, 2016

I would like to only allow one type of link to be used through a validator and prohibit the other link types. But I also need to allow the transition to occur if there are no links. I've been able to get everything to work except "null." Any help would be appreciated.

issueLinkManager.getOutwardLinks(issue.getId())*.issueLinkType.name.contains('Dependents'||'null')||
 ! issueLinkManager.getOutwardLinks(issue.getId())*.issueLinkType.name == ('Blocks')||
 ! issueLinkManager.getOutwardLinks(issue.getId())*.issueLinkType.name == ('Cloners')||
 ! issueLinkManager.getOutwardLinks(issue.getId())*.issueLinkType.name == ('Duplicate')||
 ! issueLinkManager.getOutwardLinks(issue.getId())*.issueLinkType.name == ('Relates')

6 answers

0 votes
Josh Costella May 4, 2016

@Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist] - The scenario you just described is exactly what we are trying to accomplish. I tried the workaround you suggested but it's giving the same result as before.

import webwork.action.ActionContext
def request = ActionContext.getRequest()
if (! request) {
    return true 
}
def linkedIssueKeys = request.getParameterValues("issuelinks-issues")
def linkedIssueType = request.getParameter("issuelinks-linktype")
log.debug("linked issues: " + linkedIssueKeys) // can be null, or a String[]
log.debug("linked issues: " + linkedIssueType) // a String

def links = issueLinkManager.getOutwardLinks(issue.getId())
links*.issueLinkType*.name.unique() == ["Dependents"]
0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2016

Should work fine. Are the links being modified on the screen for the action that the validator happens in? If so that doesn't work, due to a JIRA "design failure"... There is a possible workaround here: https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/4.2.0.2/jira/recipes/workflow/validators/simple-scripted-validators.html#_checking_linked_issues

0 votes

@Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist] We need the "Dependents" link to be the only link allowed to pass the validator OR no link to also pass.

I'll also need to specify certain links allowed for certain issue types but that's secondary to this.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2016

Describe in English how it should work, ie, no links, or what link type? Then test the two parts of the OR separately.

Also can you tell us how it's not working.

0 votes

Couldn't make that work, unfortunately. @Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist]

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 2, 2016

Not tested but will be something like:

def links = issueLinkManager.getOutwardLinks(issue.getId())
!links || links*.issueLinkType*.name.unique() == ["Blocks"]

Suggest an answer