Programmaticaly find user with "CAPTCHA required at next login" and reset it

Andrea Ianni December 28, 2017

Hi all

there is a way to find all user with CAPTCHA error and then reset the failed login count using *only* RESTfull calls?

I didn't found anything in Jira Rest doc
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 28, 2017

Hi Andrea,

If you're using JIRA 7.x+ take a look at the Communities post How to Reset Captcha with the API for a User.  It provides guidance to use the LoginManager:

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.security.login.LoginManager

def loginManager = ComponentAccessor.getComponent(LoginManager)
loginManager.resetFailedLoginCount(user)

How to set the username string will depend on the context you're working in (REST Endpoint, Workflow Function, etc.).

Hopefully that helps!

Cheers,

Branden

Andrea Ianni December 29, 2017

Thanks Branden for your answer but I'm looking for a simple REST call and we don't want use any additional plugin for that.

And, to be honest, I don't know how I can invoke your groovy code. Do you have a link to a guide?

Basically, I want to reset the failed login count from my pc when I received a mail.

Thanks

Andrea

somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 29, 2017

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for following up.  At this time a plugin is the only way I've seen this done.  I would definitely advise you to go to JAC and create a Suggestion for this feature in the API.  If you do that please post the link here so the Community can vote on it and add impact.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer