Programmatically attached file is not able to download

Sachin Dhamale June 20, 2015
File file = new File("E:\\Jira Plugin Workspace\\jiraService\\target\\jira\\home\\data\\attachments\\Checklist.xlsx");
         ApplicationUser user = ComponentAccessor.getJiraAuthenticationContext().getUser();
         Timestamp time = new Timestamp(System.currentTimeMillis());
         AttachmentManager attachmentManager = ComponentAccessor.getAttachmentManager();
         try {
             CreateAttachmentParamsBean bean = new CreateAttachmentParamsBean.Builder(file, file.getName(), "application/octet-stream", user, issue).build();
             ComponentAccessor.getAttachmentManager().createAttachment(bean);
         } catch (AttachmentException e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        }

i am creating issue programmatically and that time by using above code i am attaching file to each issue. Issue get created with specified attachment but i am not able to download that attahcment. it is not storing that attached file into the attachment folder of jira.

It give error:

"com.atlassian.jira.web.util.AttachmentException: Could not save attachment to storage: java.io.FileNotFoundException" error.

Attached File get removed(deleted) automatically from mention location after running above code. that way   FileNotFoundException getting.

Can any one tell me what is wrong in it?

1 answer

0 votes
Anuj November 16, 2015

I think the file you are attaching is in the same folder where JIRA put it's attachments. Maybe this will be possible root cause. Try the same code by placing this file in other folder instead of data\\attachments\ 

Suggest an answer