Profields Add on in Jira

Leena Bakshi September 19, 2017

Hi,

We are in the process of upgrading jira and I found out that we are no longer using Profields in our setup( server). Now in new version I am planning to not to go with Profields.. I ll upgrade it / install it but plan to remove it later. 

My question is would it affect my previous projects that were built using Profields in the past. in any way.. If I try to pull up those projects up?

Thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2017

As far as I know, I think that Profields only provides project-level fields. There's nothing in that add-on that has to do specifically with project creation or anything like that. If you don't use the add-on, you just won't have access to its functionality or to the data in the project-level fields that were used in older projects.

I've only evaluated to add-on, not used it in real practice, so I would check with the vendor. That said, DEISER is an Atlassian Verified vendor and the Profields add-on is pretty popular, so I doubt uninstalling it would break anything. I'd still test it in a development environment before uninstalling from a production environment, though.

Leena Bakshi September 20, 2017

Thank  you Alex.

I think I should contact Deiser because its been 3-4 months that we have stopped using Profields.. so any projects after that is ok. but I still need to verify the projects that were started before we stopped using and if they are still alive then how would it impact.

Suggest an answer