Products Update and Support Confusion

David Stubbersfield April 9, 2015

Hi,

I am confused at what the "Product Updates and Support" license actually includes.

I am looking at purchasing JIRA + JIRA Agile for my team of engineers so the support license potentially isn't for us but if the license also includes access to JIRA updates then perhaps we do need it.

I couldn't find a breakdown of what the actual license includes anywhere on the Atlassian site. I am particularly interested in knowing if the "Product Updates and Support" license includes access to JIRA software updates.

Thanks,

David.

2 answers

0 votes
Luciano Fagundes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2015

Please find below what are the Atlassian Support Offerings for a valid (non-expired) license:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/Support/Atlassian+Support+Offerings

Cheers

L.F

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 9, 2015

They don't really "break it down" anywhere to be honest (I've just had a look around and they do say what you're entitled to in several places, but there's no actual list in one place)

I suspect it's because there is not really much to list.  Your licence entitles you to any version of the software released before the end date on the licence.  There's nothing explicit about updates because an "update" is just "the next thing we release".

If you buy a licence today (10 April 2015), then you can have any version of JIRA up to 6.4 (because that's the latest version).  6.5 will come out sometime over the summer, you can have that.  Maybe version 7 is released around summit time, 7.1 at Christmas - you can have those too.  Your licence expires on the 9th April 2016, and they release 7.2 on the 11th.  You can't update to that unless you renew the licence.

You say "the support licence potentially isn't for us" - you'll need it, or JIRA won't work.

However, after a licence expires, JIRA will continue to work, you just can't upgrade to any version released after expiry.

Suggest an answer