Procedure to automate issue creation in JIRA

Gursharan Rai October 30, 2013

Hi Jobin,

I have been searching for quite sometime a kind of macro to automate issue creation in JIRA. I have come across two plugins avaialble but one of them is not supported in latest version and other one is paid which is not feasible for my company.

Please let me know if you can help me to create one or share the details if you have worked on this functionaliy already. Thanks in advance.

4 answers

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2013

CLI Plugin for Confluence can do this, but it is a paid plugin :).

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2013

I am afraid I don't have any working solution for this requirement. Easiest thing to do will be to upgrade the free plugin if its source is available.

And I have the same questions Nic asked.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 30, 2013

Depends on what you mean by "macro" - where do you want to be doing the "click on something and get a new jira issue"?

If, for example, it's another Jira issue, then you probably don't mean macro, and you'll need to explain more. If it's Confluence, then the latest version has issue creation built into it. If it's another system, you want to start looking at REST. And so-on.

0 votes
Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2013

i'm not jobin, but here's the one that i use:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/org.swift.jira.clone-plus

speaking of jobin, i didn't get a chance to stop by and shake your hand while i was at this year's summit. take care of yourself, man. ;)

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2013

There is always a next time ;) Or so I hope!

It is always very nice to meet some familiar names. I met one Mr. Nic and quite a few others this time!

Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2013

ahh ... nic. he's helped with a lot of questions of my own. too bad i didn't get to talk to the both of you then. ;)

Suggest an answer